Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 19:29:10 EDT 2008

Hi Mike,

I agree we need required attributes lists for IPP 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2.

Which means we need some help as editors.  Because it's going
to take a *long* time to search through the text of every IPP spec
looking for the keyword REQUIRED in the body text for attributes
(such as operation attributes) that are nowhere else mentioned.

Mike, Ted, Bill, anyone - care to volunteer to help?

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Michael R Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:
> Ira McDonald wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Paul Tykodi's asked at today's IPP WG telecon how to find
>> the list of required IPP/1.1 attributes (i.e., ones that all IPP/1.1
>> Printer objects MUST support).
>> All - I think Paul's raised a good point - the list of basic
>> IPP/1.1 (and therefore IPP/2.0) REQUIRED operation
>> and description attributes does NOT exist - Should it
>> be added in a normative appendix to the IPP/2.0 spec?
>
> Yes, absolutely.  In fact, I would add a section for IPP/2.1 and
> IPP/2.2 as well.
>
> --
> Michael R Sweet                        Senior Printing System Engineer

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
 579 Park Place Saline, MI 48176