Jerry Thrasher thrasher at lexmark.com
Fri Sep 12 14:58:42 EDT 2008

IPP WG interested parties.

So far there have been no volunteers willing to committ to taking on the
IPP Working Group
chair position after the current chair leaves at the end of October 2008.

During the Thursday (9/11) PWG Steering Committee conference call, the SC
decided that the
IPP Working Group will be put on hold after the October F2F meeting in
Lexington if there still
is not a chair (or co-chiars) in place.  This will result in the
suspension of ALL work that is currently
being performed by the IPP Working Group.

One option that I'd like to encourage the "regular" IPP WG  participants
to consider is the possibility
of a co-chair structure; potentially one member chairing the conference
calls and another member
agreeing to run the F2F meeting sessions, either in person or by phone.

Otherwise, the work efforts which have shown to be of interest to more
than a few PWG members will
have to be put on hold until the chair position os filled.

Jerry Thrasher
Printer Working Group Chair
Senior Engineer, WW Corporate Standards
Lexmark International Inc.