IPP> New IPP PSX draft (8 Feb 2009)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 19:59:15 EST 2009

Hi,

I've just posted a new draft of IPP Printer State Extensions (PSX) updated
with the remaining November 2006 changes at:

 ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippstate10-20090208.pdf / doc
 - clean copy with all changes accepted

 ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippstate10-20090208-rev.pdf / doc
 - annotated copy with all changes in redlines and bluelines

MANY THANKS to Bill Wagner for converting the HTML source to MS Word !!!

I carefully proofed Bill's second conversion/update and corrected a few
small formatting errors and missing changes in one table.

This Prototype status document is now ready for IPP WG last call.

The only still pending changes are tables in the IANA Considerations
section.

We are now waiting on a response from Michelle Cotton (IANA) about
the preferred format for IPP Registry changes (probably XML) before
completing these last tables in the IPP PSX spec.

NOTE WELL - As in the previous January 2009 draft BOTH of
the new IPP attributes (printer-alert and printer-alert-description)
are REQUIRED for all implementations of this specification.

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176