[IPP] Re: 1284 Cmd Set w/ IPP "printer-device-id" (14 December 2009) [prototype evidence]

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 16:39:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

Many thanks to Rick Landau and Dell for their gracious permission
to publish this evidence of prototype.

Below are MIB excerpts from two Dell printers of PWG Printer Port
Monitor MIB [PWG5107.1] object "ppmPrinterIEEE1284DeviceId":

[newlines added between capabilities for legibility]

.1.3.6.1.4.1.2699.1.2.1.2.1.1.3.1 = STRING:
"MFG:Dell;
CMD:PJL,RASTER,DOWNLOAD,TIJL,SCJL,ECHO,PCLXL,PCL,
HBPL,POSTSCRIPT;
MDL:MFP Laser 3115cn;
DES:Dell MFP Laser3115cn;
CLS:PRINTER;
STS:AAATAwD/AP8AFAABUANQAygDKANkA2QzYBoAAAAAs
IYAAAAA8IYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIQZAr
QAAAAAAAAT/;"

.1.3.6.1.4.1.2699.1.2.1.2.1.1.3.1 = STRING:
"MFG:Dell;
CMD:PJL,RASTER,DOWNLOAD,TIJL,SCJL,PCLXL,PCL;
MDL:2135cn MFP;
DES:Dell 2135cnMFP;
CLS:PRINTER;
STS:AAASBAD/AP8AAAAAAAQAB2QDZANkA2QDZANkA2QD
QBoAAAAAsIYAAAAAAAAAAAAA4AAAEAAAAAAM/w==;"

In both, the strings "PJL", "PCLXL", and "PCL" correspond
correctly to values of PrtInterpreterLangFamilyTC in the IANA
Printer MIB (with the "lang" prefixed stripped, per this spec in
WG last call).  However, "POSTSCRIPT" should be "PS".

Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
summer:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:43 PM, William Wagner <wamwagner at comcast.net> wrote:
> At the WIMS/PMP conference call yesterday, it was agreed that this  latest
> draft of the IEEE 1284 Device ID Command Set Format document:
>
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmp1284cmdset10-20091214.pdf / doc
>
> appears to address all issues brought up to date. As agreed at the WIMS
> face-to-face, this document is now in working group last call. All comments
> will be considered, but especially from members of PMP, WIMS and IPP WK.
> Please review the document and post any comments or objections to the
> combined PMP, WIMS and IPP maillists. These comments will be reviewed at the
> 11 January WIMS conference call.
>
> It is understood that a statement of prototype/product implementation will
> be provided shortly. This should allow advancing the document to stable
> status and submitting it to a PWG last call period including the February
> face-to-face.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill Wagner

believed to be clean.