[IPP] Re: Add Close-Job to JPS2 [and job-delay-output(-until)]

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 19:24:21 UTC 2010

Hi Mike,

Because Validate-Job is restored (for functionality) at IPP 2.1
and IPP 2.2 and is the required internal behavior part of Print-Job
of the close flag in Send-Document.

Gone for a walk with my dog and lunch...

Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
summer:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:
> I can update the slides accordingly, and include a high-level "this is what
> they are and do" slide.
> Ira, why would Close-Job internally do a Validate-Job operation, given that
> IPP's Validate-Job is deprecated for 2.0?
> On Feb 9, 2010, at 11:17 AM, Tom Hastings wrote:
>
> Ira,
>
> Sounds like we should add to the IPP f2f agenda for tomorrow:
>
> 1. Whether or not to add Close-Job operation to JPS2.
> 2. Whether or not to add "job-delay-output" and "job-delay-output-until" Job
> Template attributes to JPS2.
>
> Should I make a separate straw horse draft of just these additions so we can
> talk about them at the f2f?
>
> Tom

believed to be clean.