[IPP] Epson Request for PWG/IPP Raster

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Tue Feb 8 18:42:07 UTC 2011

While I understand your comments on fast tracking, is there a "specific"
duration to each phase / process?  So, I did not mean to change the
process but to encourage shortening it.

Can you help me understand the "scope of a prototype"?  In this case,
the scope of the technical content is very small but I still assume that
the process steps can not be dropped.

Having just a source provider of the PWG raster is not interoperability.
I personally do not know of a printer that can read CUPS raster xxx or
one that could be modified to read a subset.  So is emulation of a
printer ok?  I also assume for interoperability, there must be two
independent developments.

Glen