[IPP] Updated JPS3 draft posted

Yousey, Marc marc.yousey at hp.com
Fri Mar 4 23:53:42 UTC 2011

One thing that would be nice to add to the media-col is the pwg-standard-name.  With rounding going on on both sides of the wire it can be difficult to associate the standard sizes in media-supported to the media-size elements in the media-col-database.  If the media-size collection had a pwg-standard-name (or similar) attribute we could be sure which size everyone was talking about rather than trying to guess.

Also, a few questions:

1) job-uri is just an informational object correct?  I.e. it is not a new way to specify which job you are operating on in say a get-job-attributes or cancel-job request.

2) On the new job-state-reasons, is there a corresponding status code to return with job requests?  There seems to be a pairing between many but not all of the job-state-reasons and status-codes.

Thanks,
Marc