[IPP] PWG Raster intent

Justin Hutchings justhu at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 18 23:04:16 UTC 2011

All,
I brought up in the last face to face that a standard mechanism to express intent in PWG Raster is important to ensure that vendor implementations don't fork across "dumb" buses like USB and Bluetooth (HCRP). I'd like to have some more discussion of this topic. If we do not create a common definition, then each vendor will likely create different variants of PWG Raster that includes intent.

Do we have an existing format that would be easily incorporated into the PWG Raster spec? Would it make sense to have some kind of serialized IPP-intent stream?

Thanks!
Justin

Justin Hutchings | Program Manager | Windows\DNT\DeviceConnectivity::Printing and Imaging

believed to be clean.