[IPP] "print-color-mode" or "imaging-color-mode"?

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Tue Apr 19 20:05:56 UTC 2011

Ira, I believe the property refers to the functional mode the printer is to use or was used to produce the output.  That is; the printer is printing in or instructed to print in a ""color mode"".   If this property was meant to represent the "state" of the output; then for print, and later for scan and fax, it should be (have been) called "color-space".   Then it would make more sense to have used the prefix "image" (versus even the word "imaging"); so we have image-color-space (the printed image, the scanned image, the fax image - the key here it is the image and the device functionality or device capabilities or device mode.).

So the device is instructed (or uses) to have a specific

print-color-mode, scan-color-mode or fax-color-mode to produce an (hard or electronic) image that has an image-color-space

what about "device-color-mode"

Glen