[IPP] RE: WS-Discovery

Justin Hutchings justhu at microsoft.com
Fri Apr 29 22:39:36 UTC 2011

Thanks Peter,
I spoke with folks here at Microsoft, and we believe the IPP everywhere spec should simply reference the OASIS WS-Discovery 1.1 specification (http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-dd/discovery/1.1/os/wsdd-discovery-1.1-spec-os.html) and describe how an implementer should describe the IPP endpoint. While the DPWS specifications are more specific as to how to describe a set of web service endpoints, that's pertinent only to an implementation of the full DPWS and shouldn't affect the IPP spec.

So I'm expecting we're unblocked here and can proceed with this aspect of the specification.

Thanks!
Justin