[IPP] media-input-tray-check-default

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 17:45:07 UTC 2012

Hi Mike,

Thanks - I agree w/ Pete about the advantages of
option 2 - and this is a more backward compatible
solution than actually deleting a previously registered
(and apparently implemented) IPP attribute.

The 'no-value' approach to special "xxx-default"
attributes is elegant.

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:

> OK, I'm convinced.  I'll add "no-value" to this one and any others like it
> where it would not always make sense to force a default value.
>

> On Jan 24, 2012, at 4:33 AM, Zehler, Peter wrote:
>
> Mike,****
> I prefer option #2.  One of my reason is that it allows the operator to
> set policy for underspecified jobs on the printer.  (If the client is not
> being careful, then the printer will.)  It is a very handy feature in
> production printing.****
> Pete****
> ** **
> Peter Zehler