[IPP] Microsoft has reviewed the PWG Raster Format specification and has comments

Justin Hutchings justhu at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 1 02:15:56 UTC 2012

I was rereading the rationale for PWG Raster, and something that I think is lacking is a justification for the long term need of PWG Raster. Properly interleaved OXPS is a much more extensible format and could more easily take advantage of high color or new compression types as they come along, even for raster devices. Are we willing to make any commitments to adding support for new image types, color bit depths or extensibility? Or do we want to frame PWG Raster as an absolute fall-back PDL for IPP?

Thanks
Justin

believed to be clean.