[IPP] Media Color for MSN spec

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Fri Mar 30 16:48:39 UTC 2012

All,

I have completed the table for media colors for the msn spec.   (I have
already provided the data to Mike.)   The (summary) table and set of
snap-shot images from a color application shows more details for each
color.

The actual colors are initially based on the government standard for
media color at http://www.gpo.gov/customers/text/vol11/123.htm.  Please
note that the l*ab value for buff has an error (the -25.7 should be
+25.7).  The remainder of the colors were either determined using the
government values as seed or based on the "actual color"

Please note that some of the colors in the table are for PAPER COLOR and
NOT JUST for the COLOR.  For example, Blue is for the paper color called
blue (from the government std) and not the color blue.

Please examine the information.  If you or your company has better or
different values, I can make changes.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/whitepaper/PwgMsnColors-Summary.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/whitepaper/PwgMsnColors-Summary.pdf

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/whitepaper/PwgMsnColors.djvu

djvu reader/writer can be found at http://djvu.org/resources/

Color application is called OpenRGB found at

http://www.logicol.com/index.php?X=ORGB&LogicolId=dd59d1b2413bd8744edc93
f54598a9ac

glen

believed to be clean.