[IPP] Media Color for MSN spec

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Mar 30 20:51:06 UTC 2012

All,

Here are some "reference" pages I pulled from a search on staples.com for "colored paper"...

Solid paper colors which match up to what I'd expect for a colorant color:

	http://www.staples.com/Staples-Brights-24-lb-Colored-Paper-Assorted-Colors/product_733088

Solid paper colors which map to alternate colors, some of which match what you might use for a colorant color (for purposes of UI...):

	http://www.staples.com/Staples-Pastel-Colored-Copy-Paper-11-x-17-Assorted-Colors/product_679462

Neon colors:

	http://www.staples.com/Staples-Brights-24-lb-Colored-Paper-Neon-Assorted/product_733097

And even within a single supplier, you'll find multiple products with the same color name but vastly different actual colors:

	GREEN

	http://www.staples.com/Staples-Brights-Colored-Paper-8-1-2-x-11-Green-Ream/product_490879
	http://www.staples.com/Staples-Brights-24-lb-Colored-Paper-Green/product_733093

	ORANGE

	http://www.staples.com/Staples-Brights-Colored-Paper-8-1-2-x-11-Orange-Ream/product_490881
	http://www.staples.com/Staples-Brights-24-lb-Colored-Paper-Orange/product_733086

Then there are names we don't have (again from the same Staples search results for "colored paper"):

	bright white (synonym for current "white"?)
	canary
	cherry
	cream
	fuschia
	grape
	juniper
	lilac
	orchid
	purple
	salmon
	teal

Finally, there are the vendor adjectives ("Pulsar Pink", "Solar Yellow", etc.), but I feel safe ignoring those for this spec... :)

believed to be clean.