[IPP] RE: IPP FaxOut and "resource constrained MFDs"?

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Thu Nov 1 12:12:36 UTC 2012

Randy,

The point of my first paragraph below is that an MFD is not REQUIRED to support caching the entire job.  This is true not only of Fax but also of print.  Fax might need to cache the job for retries and print might need to cache the job for multiple copies.   Of course fax and print could accomplish their tasks without caching the documents if the documents were submitted by reference (i.e. using a document URI).

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com
Voice: (585) 265-8755