[IPP] Outline of IPP System Control Service spec

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 23:49:42 UTC 2013

Hi Mike,

Agreed - Service(s) --> Printer(s) in IPP.

But this locks us in forever to only output services (like FaxOut), right?

The IPP URI scheme (and IPPS URI scheme) allow URIs to reference any
object (not just IPP Printer), e.g., Subscription.

So I think we ought to at least briefly discuss this (Service-->Printer)
closing the future off at the F2F, before finalizing.

I'm thinking about modelling IPP attributes for ConfiguredPrinters and
ConfiguredResources (in the System object) and some of the other
complex attributes (presumably they'll become collections?).

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com