[IPP] RFC: Identify-Printer mini-extension

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Dec 10 15:32:13 UTC 2013

Smith,

*If* we were to adopt some notion of client-controlled duration, that would be major new semantics with defined defaults for each action.

However, I thought the purpose of adopting a 'cancel' action was to obviate the need for a duration, which is (currently) implementation specific behavior.  And I believe we were planning on adding guidance for Identify-Printer, both for the Client and Printer, to the IIG2.

As for System Control Service, it might be a service that implements Identify-Printer but it shouldn't be the only one.