[IPP] When will next IPP Scan spec review be held?

Paul Tykodi ptykodi at tykodi.com
Fri Jan 10 18:58:32 UTC 2014

Hi Bill,

I had a recent discussion with Pete about how the Semantic Model handles
vendor extensions for scanning attributes and during the discussion I asked
him how the forthcoming IPP Scan specification intersected with Twain. He
told me that Twain was the application interface to a network attached
scanner and that currently most scanner vendors then have to develop a
proprietary driver and network protocol to transfer a file created by a scan
operation to a network defined location (I believe this is correct for Scan
to Cloud as well).

The role that IPP Scan could potentially play in this scenario would be to
replace the requirement for the proprietary driver and transfer protocol.

I therefore hope that we can find an available time slot for an IPP Scan
teleconference this month, in order to move the specification forward, prior
to the February F2F.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

/Paul

--

Paul Tykodi
Principal Consultant

Tel/Fax: 603-343-1820
Mobile:  603-866-0712
E-mail:  ptykodi at tykodi.com
WWW:   <http://www.tykodi.com/> http://www.tykodi.com

This e-mail reply and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Tykodi Consulting
Services LLC

immediately by replying to this message and destroying all copies of this
message

and any attachments. Thank you