[IPP] Errata: PWG 5100.9: IPP Printer State Extensions v1.0

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:53:10 UTC 2014

Hi Mike,

See my related reply about PWG 5107.3.

I suggest changing the IPP printer-state-reasons from "-error" to "-fault".

WARNING - all of the PWG 5100.9 extensions *were* registered in the
IANA Printer MIB and SMIv2 rules prevent our changing the names of
already assigned enumeration values, so the possible fix is different
from my suggested one for PWG 5107.3.

WARNING - vendors (printer and management systems) who have used
the previously assigned PWG 5107.3 or PWG 5100.9 names and values
in the Printer MIB will have breakage if we change these "Error" suffixes
in the IANA Printer MIB.

I'll put this topic on the next IPP WG agenda for 31 March.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com