[IPP] "printer-uri" path component recommendation in the new implementers guide

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Wed Aug 6 20:21:01 UTC 2014

Hi Pete,

I agree with your assertion.  This is already mentioned in section 4.1.1 “Select A Printer Via Static Hostname Or Address” in IPP Implementor’s Guide v2.  But I will call it out in section 7 as well.

The “/ipp/print” resource path is also the path specified in IPP USB and in pending standards from the Wi-Fi Alliance.  If we ever do an update to IPP Everywhere we should add “/ipp/print” to that as well.

Smith