[IPP] IPP Scan: Updated Get-Next-xxx naming, updated xxx-wait-mode attribute name?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Oct 27 03:53:49 UTC 2014

All,

One of the comments during the Formal Vote for IPP Scan Service concerned multiple document handling in the scan service and some confusion concerning the naming of the Get-Next-Document-Images operation.

We would like to change the name of the operation (same operation code) to Get-Next-Document-Data for the final publication of the specification.

In addition, while making this change I noticed that the operation accepts a boolean operation attribute called get-next-images-wait-mode, however given that the operation no longer has "images" in the name, the value is true/false (true to wait, false to not wait), and the inspiration from the ippget operation Get-Notifications is called "notify-wait", I would like to change the name of this attribute to "wait-for-data".

In summary:

1. The Get-Next-Document-Images operation will be renamed to Get-Next-Document-Data.

2. The "get-next-images-wait-mode (boolean)" operation attribute will be renamed to "wait-for-data (boolean)".

Please let me know if you object to either of these changes.  We will review these and all other changes for the final draft of the IPP Scan Service specification at the November F2F meeting.

Thanks!