[IPP] RFC: "printer-terms-of-use-uri" attribute for IPP INFRA?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Dec 18 17:17:15 UTC 2014

All,

It occurred to me while reviewing the current Cloud Imaging Model document that we might want to have a way for a service to point a Client to a web page providing legal terms of use for the service or system.  A short proposal:

    7.4.x printer-terms-of-use-uri (uri)

    This Printer attribute provides a URL to a human-readable web page providing the legal terms of use for the Printer, such as an End-User License Agreement or service agreement. If supported, the value MUST refer to a cacheable resource [RFC7234] to allow a Client to know when the terms of use change.

Thoughts?