[IPP] Posted IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme (18 Dec 2014)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 21:47:35 UTC 2014

Hi Smith,

The "three sisters" (and various other names) are the three parallel
and order-dependent arrays in RFC 2911:  "printer-uri-supported",
"uri-authentication-supported", and "uri-security-supported".

The later collection attribute "printer-xri-supported" in RFC 3380
was copied from SLP and LDAP Printer Schema to allow an admin
to "get it right" and do atomic updates of the "three sisters".  See
definition and examples of usage on pages 26-28 of RFC 3380.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com