[IPP] Xerox has reviewed the IPP INFRA specification and has comments

Manchala, Daniel Daniel.Manchala at xerox.com
Wed Feb 25 01:04:06 UTC 2015

Line 447, Section 3.2.4., it would make it clear if we say “… converted PWG Raster data from the Infrastructure Printer” rather than just “from the Printer”.

Line 468., Section 3.2.6., I might have missed it, but what attributes describe marker supply levels to Jane?

Section 5.9.1: Might be good to add the following Job Attributes in addition to “job-impressions-completed (integer)” – “job-impressions-completed-color” and “job-impressions-completed-black-only” or something like that to count color vs. b/w impressions completed.

Likewise, might be good to add the following Job Attributes in addition to “job-media-sheets-completed(integer)” – “ job-media-sheets-completed-one-sided” and “job-media-sheets-completed-two-sided” (I know we have “job-pages-completed”, but it makes more sense to continue on the media-sheets-completed-xyz”).

How about adding “job-percent-completed” to indicate how much a job has been completed. May not make sense for small jobs (as they would take less than an hour to print, but if there is a job that takes days or weeks to complete, it might be a useful attribute to add).

Daniel.