[IPP] Updated beta IPP Everywhere Printer Self-Certification Tools Experience

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Nov 10 17:19:26 UTC 2015

Eren,

> On Nov 10, 2015, at 11:24 AM, Rodriguez, Eren <eren.rodriguez at hp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> While media presence does not seem to be required by IPP Everywhere, ipp-tests.test cases I-26 and I-28 assume otherwise.

Section 3.2.3.9 ("Printer Fault") explicitly mentions "out of paper" faults, and RFC 2911 (and 5100.14) require support for the "printer-state-reasons" attribute.

That said, the intent is that IPP Everywhere printers be able to report "out of paper" primarily while a job is being printed (where it matters most).  So I think the solution here is to drop the 'media-empty' test and add a delay before the 'media-needed' test.

Is 10 seconds sufficient delay after the Print-Job request?