[IPP] Request for new "finishings" keywords for Swedish hole punch pattern

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Wed Jul 6 17:12:01 UTC 2016

Greetings,

HP Inc. requests the addition of 4 "finishings" keywords to support the Swedish "Triohålning" de-facto hole punch standard, as described here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole_punch#Sweden <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole_punch#Sweden>
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hålslagsapparat#Svensk_trioh.C3.A5lning <https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A5lslagsapparat#Svensk_trioh.C3.A5lning>

We propose the addition of 4 keywords:

"punch-triohalning-top"
"punch-triohalning-left"
"punch-triohalning-right"
"punch-triohalning-bottom"

Even though the "-top" and "-bottom" are likely not necessary for standard letter-type (i.e. A4) media sizes, it is conceivable that a user might want this punch pattern on the short edge of an A3 or larger media size, so that is why I'm suggesting we define these 4.

Cheers,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    Wireless Architect - Client Software - IPG-PPS
    Standards - IEEE ISTO PWG / Bluetooth SIG / Wi-Fi Alliance / NFC Forum / USB IF
    Chair, IEEE ISTO Printer Working Group
    HP Inc.
*/