[IPP] Stable draft of IPP Finishings 2.1 posted for review

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Fri Aug 26 21:33:17 UTC 2016

Greetings,

In some discussions I have had within HP, I wanted to get some certainty about the orientation of "Portrait" in a long-edge feed scenario.  Figure 3 of the draft below shows the leading edge to be on the left side of the page. But when I went back to look at my earlier presentations where we were looking at Finishings 2.1 and feed orientation, the way that the pages were being shown would have had the leading edge be on the right edge of the page.

I posted a slide deck to the PWG FTP site:

http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/Finishings-2.1-Page-Orientation-and-Page-Leading-Edge-2016-08-26.pdf <http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/Finishings-2.1-Page-Orientation-and-Page-Leading-Edge-2016-08-26.pdf>

to try to illustrate the issue.  The basic question is: does a long-edge feed document get printed so that the right edge of the page is the leading edge, or does Finishings 2.1 define the left edge of the page to be the leading edge?

Thanks for any input,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    Wireless Architect - Client Software - IPG-PPS
    Standards - IEEE ISTO PWG / Bluetooth SIG / Wi-Fi Alliance / NFC Forum / USB IF
    Chair, IEEE ISTO Printer Working Group
    HP Inc.
*/