[IPP] Finishings and 'fold-letter' - how to support outward folding? Do we need a 'fold-letter-outward'?

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Mon Aug 28 11:48:51 UTC 2017

> On Aug 25, 2017, at 10:20 AM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:
>
> Right now we don't differentiate between them for the standard finishing-template/finishings values.  What I would do is use one fold direction consistently as the "default" for 'fold-letter' and then have a vendor template name ('smiNNN-fold-letter-in/outward') for the opposite direction.

OK so something like this in our case (our smallest SMI PEN is 11):

{
  finishing-template=smi11-fold-letter-outward
  media-sheets-supported=1-3
  media-size-name=na_letter_8.5x11in
  folding=
  {
      folding-direction=outward
      folding-offset=8940
      folding-reference-edge=top
  }
  folding=
  {
      folding-direction=outward
      folding-offset=8940
      folding-reference-edge=top
  }
}

And then we would also put a string in our string catalog (en.strings or whatever) so that "smi11-fold-letter-outward" isn't shown to the user.