[IPP] Question concerning 5100.7 section 5.2 "Job Description attributes that are defaults for the Document(s) in the Job"

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 21:48:15 UTC 2017

Hi Smith,

You got it right.

Remember first there were *only* Job attributes in IPP (no Document
object) and much later there were Document attributes.  And the word
"default" got conscripted into service in admittedly a very different
meaning (not pre-configured by an Admin but submitted by a Client).
A clarifying paragraph that contrasts these two uses of "default"
(i.e., apples and camels) would be a worthwhile errata to this spec.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Jan-April: 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
May-Dec: PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434