A few comments:
1. Although the standard compliance terms are used, (MUST, SHOULD, etc.) Section 2 does not include the standard reference defining these terms.
2. Section 4 line 150 (in the non-redline pdf): “… Attributes operation [RFC8011] but can be authenticated …” suggests that the operation is authenticated, which I don’t think is a typical way of indicating that the operation may prompt a sequence to authenticate the user. Prehaps rewording to “ … Attributes operation [RFC8011] except that the response can be filtered based on the most authenticated user and to effect this, the operation can prompt a sequence to authenticate the user.” Or something like that.
On a more general topic, for whatever reason, the PWG has typically provided drafts in MS Word and PDF formats. The ‘odt’ format is not compatible with , at least, my version of MS Word to the extent that opening it in MS Word produces a incorrectly displayed document subject to extensive editorial comments. The Process states “ Internal working versions of PWG documents should be available in an agreed upon, widely available word processing format, to provide for collaboration between document editors and contributors. For example, Microsoft WORD and HTML are common
revisable formats in use, today. “ For those not familiar with your use of Open Office, perhaps it would be better to include a note in your draft announcements that the .odt extension files should be viewed with Apache Open Office, not MS Word.
Thanks, Bill Wagner
From: Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect)
Sent: Saturday, November 4, 2017 12:44 AM
To: PWG IPP WG Reflector
Subject: [IPP] Updated stable draft of IPP Get-User-Printer-Attributes isnow available for review
An updated stable draft of IPP Get-User-Printer-Attributes is now available for review:
Changes are minor:
* Fixed a broken bookmark cross reference in section 3.1
* Fixed a few instances of passive voice
* Some other editorial fixes
Wireless & Standards Architect - IPG-PPS
Standards - IEEE ISTO PWG / Bluetooth SIG / Wi-Fi Alliance / NFC Forum / USB-IF
Chair, IEEE ISTO Printer Working Group
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...