[IPP] Updates to MFD Alerts for "warming-up" or "cooling-down"?

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & Standards Architec) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Tue Jan 23 21:53:55 UTC 2018

Greetings,

In our November 2018 vF2F, we discussed an issue I raised about how IPP could convey via "printer-state-reasons" transient non-critical states such as "warming-up" or "cooling-down". It was suggested in the F2F minutes (http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ippv2-f2f-minutes-20171115.pdf <http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ippv2-f2f-minutes-20171115.pdf>) that we should consider an update to MFD Alerts:

https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-pmpmfdalerts10-20120629-5107.3.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-pmpmfdalerts10-20120629-5107.3.pdf>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-pmpmfdalerts10-20120629-5107.3.doc <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-pmpmfdalerts10-20120629-5107.3.doc>

I am willing to start updating this if that is the place to do it. But I wanted to confirm this as the appropriate direction. Is this what is needed? Or would simple registrations work just as well, at least for IPP?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    Wireless & Standards Architect - IPG-PPS
    Standards - IEEE ISTO PWG / Bluetooth SIG / Wi-Fi Alliance / NFC Forum / USB-IF
    Chair, IEEE ISTO Printer Working Group
    HP Inc.
*/