[IPP] Erratum on RFC 8011 : 'document-attributes-group' not mentioned in Send-Document, etc.

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & Standards Architec) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Fri Mar 9 21:37:24 UTC 2018

Hi there,

I've been fielding a few questions about Send-Document, and everybody is reading RFC 8011 (after I ask them to move to that from 2911). I just dealt with a question having to do with the 'document-attributes-tag' and Send-Document. I was surprised to find that in 8011 we didn't include mention of the 'document-attributes-tag' even though there are references to PWG 5100.5.

Is there a conscious reason why we didn't add that? Or was it an oversight and hence worthy of an erratum report against 8011? Cross-references such as this would help close the loop especially if it was listed as optional in 8011, which wouldn't change the normative requirements for IPP/1.1 IMO.

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    Wireless & Standards Architect - IPG-PPS
    Standards - IEEE ISTO PWG / Bluetooth SIG / Wi-Fi Alliance / NFC Forum / USB-IF
    Chair, IEEE ISTO Printer Working Group
    HP Inc.
*/