[IPP] Erratum on RFC 8011 : 'document-attributes-group' not mentioned in Send-Document, etc.

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:24:57 UTC 2018

Hi,

I agree with Mike.  Document object has the complexity of the Job object
plus bells and whistles.
Subscription object covering multiple targets (System, Printer, Job,
Document) is complex.

Even IPP/2.0 (w/ 2.1 and 2.2) is just brief lists of required attributes
and operations for three levels
of IPP Printer capabilities (and no longer even close to all inclusive).

RFCs 8010/8011 are meant to be strictly cleanups of RFCs 2910/2911 - the
universe of IPP (over
30 IETF and PWG specs) is too broad to cover in one spec, without major
omissions.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Jan-April: 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
May-Dec: PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434