[IPP] Requesting information pertaining to the project - Enhancements for ipptool

Lakshay Bandlish lbandlish at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:24:41 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I wish to work for The Linux Foundation in this year's Google Summer of
Code. I am applying for the project - Enhancements for ipptool.

IPP Everywhere's self-certification program's software uses ipptool to
allow printer manufacturers to test if their printers satisfy IPP
standards. Currently, ipptool doesn't provide support for testing all
attributes and operations required by IPP Everywhere, and this project
involves writing scripts to enable ipptool to test printers for these. It
also involves writing more scripts for other ipp specifications.

I want to know more about this project. It would be great if you can help
me here.

Thank you,
Lakshay Bandlish.