[IPP] RFC: Drop 1284 device ID requirements from IPP Everywhere 1.1

Paul Tykodi ptykodi at tykodi.com
Tue Apr 17 09:14:34 UTC 2018

Hi Mike,

Where I believe some vendors use them to send pre and post job processing
device specific commands, I don't believe we should fully retire support for
the 1284 device ID's at this time.

Are you planning to make them an OPTIONAL requirement?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

/Paul

--

Paul Tykodi
Principal Consultant

Tel/Fax: 603-343-1820
Mobile:  603-866-0712
E-mail:  ptykodi at tykodi.com <mailto:ptykodi at tykodi.com>
WWW:   <http://www.tykodi.com/> http://www.tykodi.com

This e-mail reply and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Tykodi Consulting
Services LLC

immediately by replying to this message and destroying all copies of this
message

and any attachments. Thank you