[IPP] RFC: Drop 1284 device ID requirements from IPP Everywhere 1.1

Paul Tykodi ptykodi at tykodi.com
Tue Apr 17 12:17:17 UTC 2018

Hi Ira,

My thought is that some vendor developed IPP Everywhere implementations may tweak PDF or JPEG processing on the client (i.e. sender) side for certain 1284 device ID’s.

If we make retiring them a two step process, we probably would give any developers that have done this time to adjust their code.

I am Ok with removing them from IPP Everywhere but am just asking about best way to implement change so that developers have time to react.

Best Regards,

/Paul

Sent from my iPhone