[IPP] RFC: Drop 1284 device ID requirements from IPP Everywhere 1.1

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:34:11 UTC 2018

Hi Paul,

As Mike pointed out, using IEEE 1284 Device ID to do PDL-stream tweaks in
IPP Everywhere was
never a legitimate implementation.  Vendors who honored IEEE 1284 Device ID
info over the much
more authoritative IPP Printer status attributes have broken
implementations anyway.

I agree with Mike - delete all mention of IEEE 1284 Device ID from IPP
Everywhere (with which it
is incompatible).

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Jan-April: 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
May-Dec: PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434