[IPP] Another updated stable draft of IPP ReprintPasswordpostedfor review

wamwagner at comcast.net wamwagner at comcast.net
Wed Jul 25 22:50:56 UTC 2018

Michael,
Thank you for  the information. I don’t mean to overly  push a point, but making job-reprint-password an operations attribute just seems wrong and may contribute to the misunderstanding of its purpose.  Job-password is inherently an operation attribute, and the references you provide point out that it is not returned in a response. So it is not clear why  we cannot specify job-reprint-password as a job attribute that is never returned.  That is, I do not understand why security information can be specially handled for operation attributes but not for job attributes. Is it perhaps some coding implementation  issue?

And perhaps I was  unclear on  the remote reprint request subject, but my point was that if a user were to give reprint access to another user, he could provide the job ID or job UID as well as the password. If a remote reprint capability were desired, I suggest that an operation could be defined to use that information to access the appropriate job and allow remote reprint.

Thanks, Bill Wagner