[IPP] Canon requests registration of four new IPP media sizes

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Aug 14 20:27:53 UTC 2018

All,

To close the loop on this, the following registration template will be added to the IANA IPP Registry:

Attributes (attribute syntax)
  Keyword Attribute Value	Reference
media (type2 keyword | name(MAX))	[RFC8011]
  oe_business-card_2x3.5in
  oe_square-photo_4x4in
  oe_square-photo_5x5in
  om_business-card_55x85mm
  om_business-card_55x91mm
  om_square-photo_89x89mm

Per the July 19 IPP workgroup conference call discussions, I also include the following interoperability note with the registration:

Note: Because om_card_54x86mm and om_business-card_55x85mm are within 1mm, some Client UI may not differentiate between the two sizes if both are supported by the same Printer.