[IPP] Preparing to post JPS2v2 First Draft, but want to poke at current JPS2 one more time

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Aug 23 13:14:54 UTC 2018

Smith,

> On Aug 22, 2018, at 12:27 PM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & Standards Architect) <smith.kennedy at hp.com> wrote:
>> I hope Mike will chime in here.
>
> I think maybe we ought to just wait until we have another IPP WG call or can all be on the phone.

We can continue discussions here until the next concall in order to prioritize things and maybe come up with a short list of changes.

>> But I hope you can see that the job progress counters are totally screwed up by
>> doing both Proof Print (w/ some options) and Final Print (with different options) in
>> a single Job?  There's just no advantage to breaking the Job state lifecycle as you
>> proposed.
>
> I am not quite sure what you mean by "job progress counters", but I do understand how the other Job Description and Job Status attributes could contain potentially incorrect information if there are radically different choices made for the Proof Print and Final Print.

The counters - job-pages-completed[-col], job-media-sheets-completed[-col], job-impressions-completed[-col] - and the xxx-actual attributes recording which values were used for the various Job Template attributes.  These are supposed to be stable once the Job reaches a terminating state.