[IPP] Canonical IPP way to set job-sheets to a different paper/tray/medium?

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 17:52:02 UTC 2018

Hi Smith and Mike,

We thought about this use case (templates for content items of
job sheets) years ago in Open Printing WG and concluded that
exact layout (left top of page) was overkill and a simple ordered
list of content item keywords to be centered, in order, leaving
layout entirely to the Printer (font, point size, etc.) was a useful
approach.

It's certainly an interesting topic, due to its wide implementation
in enterprise, academic, and other managed networks.

All - Is there interest in pursuing this in IPP WG?

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434