[IPP] What to remove from latest JPS2v2 draft to create first draft of "IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions"?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Mar 6 21:02:52 UTC 2019

Smith,

> On Mar 6, 2019, at 3:41 PM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & Standards Architect) via ipp <ipp at pwg.org> wrote:
>>  Also, I don't think we want a job-retain-until-time-default, since the value is an absolute dateTime value (unless we make -time an integer and add a -date version for dateTime?)
>
> Hmmm, how about just having "job-retain-until" (type2 keyword) and "job-retain-until-time" (integer) and not bother with "job-retain-until-date" (dateTime)?

Let's discuss this at the next concall - I can see a use for both (retain the job for 24 hours, retain the job until the next scheduled update), and a Client can calculate the number of seconds to a specific date/time, but there are still some vagaries due to submission delays and whether the IPP job ticket is used directly and immediately or if it gets "relayed" to the destination output device that is doing the retaining...