[IPP] What to remove from latest JPS2v2 draft to create first draft of "IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions"?

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 21:50:49 UTC 2019

Hi,

I just read this entire thread carefully.

I agree with all of your joint conclusions (good work Smith and Mike),
*except* for "job-retain-until-xxx".

I consider the lack of "job-retain-until-xxx" an architectural mistake
in IPP/1.1.  So I'd like it to be present in Job Extensions, so that
some version lower than IPP/2.2 (Enterprise) can reliably use it.
I suggest making it RECOMMENDED in IPP/2.0 and REQUIRED
in IPP/2.1 and above.

Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434