[IPP] What to remove from latest JPS2v2 draft to create first draft of "IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions"?

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 21:42:52 UTC 2019

Hi Mike,

Even in a minor errata version, I thought we could add a RECOMMENDED
(SHOULD) attribute, because it doesn't break backward compatibility?

Shouldn't the retention and job history attributes (and probably others) be
RECOMMENDED in Job Extensions?

I shudder at perpetuating IPP specs that are a basket of OPTIONAL
attributes.  That doesn't help interoperability particularly.

Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434