[IPP] RFC: IPP Document Object update version

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Mar 15 13:56:56 UTC 2019

All,

In reviewing the minutes from yesterday's IPP concall I saw the following comments regarding the IPP Document Object v1.1 errata update:

• Prototyping going on

  I believe this is actually complete in ippserver, and there are of course a LOT of IPP (PDF) printers with document object support already, so I think any prototyping requirement has been met. (not that there is one for an errata update)

• Need to add "Deprecated" and "Obsolete" definitions

  These will be included in the next (stable) update, per our prior discussions.

• Will be PWG Call for Objections because it is a 1.1 (errata update) but should it be a 2.0?

  Given that there is NOTHING NEW in this spec, just a general cleanup and a relaxation of the multiple document support requirement, I see no reason to make this 2.0. Any 1.0 compliant implementation is also 1.1 compliant.