[IPP] Updated draft of IPP Authentication Methods available and ready for second IPP WG Last Call

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & Standards Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Thu Mar 28 21:23:02 UTC 2019

Greetings,

I've just posted an updated draft of IPP Authentication Methods that resolves all the issues we identified in this afternoon's IPP WG meeting.

https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippauth-20190328.odt <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippauth-20190328.odt>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippauth-20190328.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippauth-20190328.pdf>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippauth-20190328-rev.odt <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippauth-20190328-rev.odt>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippauth-20190328-rev.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippauth-20190328-rev.pdf>

If we could start a new IPP Work Group Last Call on this draft ASAP, we would have time to complete that, run the PWG Last Call, and then have it in PWG Formal Approval vote during our F2F. The two areas that should have particular focus in these Last Calls are: the text in section 4 on page 15 (lines 196-217 in the clean versions above); and the UML Sequence Diagrams to see if they better illustrate the steps that concern authorization and authentication, and how they represent the steps needed to allow the Authorization Service to evaluate whether the IPP operation request can be authorized or not.

Cheers,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy