[IPP] Initial draft of IPP Production Printing Extensions v1.1 (PPX) posted

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Thu May 9 21:40:35 UTC 2019

Hi,

At today's IPP WG call, we agreed unanimously to approve:

Major Issue 1:  Move the proposed attributes (and the related use
cases) to IPP Job Extensions v2.0.

Major Issue 2:  Remove entirely the strange (and poorly specified)
"reverse-order" document processing (which Mike has never seen
in the wild in printers surveyed in Apple labs).

Also to publish new IPP Production Printing Extensions (PPX)
as v2.0 (new major version) and create "ipp-features-supported"
keywords to group new attributes as CONDITIONALLY REQUIRED.
And (perhaps) to make some attributes simply REQUIRED or
RECOMMENDED.  All for the purpose of minimizing OPTIONAL
attributes in PPX.

Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434