Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Thu May 10 13:54:01 EDT 2007

Just to make sure this announcement reaches all MFD interested parties!
Welcome to the MFD w/g and reflector.
Harry Lewis
IBM STSM
Intellectual Property, Standards and Licensing
Chairman - ISTO Printer Working Group
303-924-5337
----- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 05/10/2007 11:53 AM -----

Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM
05/10/2007 11:06 AM

pwg-announce at pwg.org
cc

Subject
PWG announces formation of new MFD Working Group

I am pleased to announce that the PWG Steering Committee has demonstrated
unanimous support to approve the charter to form a new MFD (MultiFunction
Device) working group.  As described in the Charter (links below) the MFD
working group is the forum in which the industry will model MFD services
and their management. The results of these modeling efforts will later be
assimilated into the overall PWG Semantic Model. The need has been
demonstrated for an MFD Model and, now, the PWG is stepping up to serve
the industry by developing a standard that will help drive consistency and
interoperability across implementations and platforms.

I invite all PWG members to participate by joining the 1 hour MFD
conference call scheduled for Thursday May 17 at 11AM

Dial-In
Tele-Con Number:1-866-365-4406
Pass Code: 2635888

I also encourage you to join the MFD mailing list by sending an e-mail to
majordomo at pwg.org with a blank subject line containing the line:
subscribe mfd

Charter links:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/charter/ch-mfd-20070504.doc
  - MS Word source

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/charter/ch-mfd-20070504.pdf
  - PDF w/ line numbers