MFD> Use Case - Scan Service Capabilities

Whittle, Craig cwhittle at sharplabs.com
Fri May 18 15:31:26 EDT 2007

All:

Per the action item from our telecom yesterday:

Use Case - Scan Service Capabilities

Preconditions: MFD with scanner capabilities is setup on the network.
MFD has been previously discovered and is known to the application
software that will query the device for capabilities.

Ira wants to learn if the scanner is capable of sending his document as
a PDF file to his mailbox.  He would also like to know if he can
password encrypt the file to be sent.  From the application on his PC,
Ira is able to select scan options available knowing that these will be
supported.

I also posted a relatively simple diagram on the ftp server (see
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/wd-mfd-uses_cases-20070519.pdf, Visio
source also posted).

Best regards,

**CW