Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Tue Dec 18 10:34:21 EST 2007

In the current ScanService specification we have image processing functions
such as brightness, contrast, sharpness, etc.   My assumption is that
network scanning is akin to batch processing versus a direct connected MFD
(/scanner) which would provide a more interactive mode of operation.
Therefore, I wonder how an end user will set the values for brightness,
contrast, sharpness, etc in a non-interactive mode.  Any of these image
processing settings may change from page-to-page in a single document and
from document-to-document.  For a non-interactive (batch) scan processes, I
believe that the image processing function should only be "Auto"; i.e.
Auto-Brightness, Auto-Contrast, Auto-Sharpness, etc.   At a minimum, there
has to be an "Auto" setting.   This way optimization is done on a
page-to-page/document-to-document basis without user interaction.   It may
be desired to report (return) the "Auto" setting that was actually used for
each function on a page-to-page basis.

Glen